2937 Veneman Ave.
Modesto, California 95356
CV COVID-19 Relief Project
posted on June 16
June 16, 2020
Dear Central Valley Pastors and Assigned Lay Ministers,
Grace and peace to you in the name of Jesus!
I’m writing to share some exciting news. Our District Union has created a new “COVID-19 Relief Fund” and we have a COVID-19 Response Team providing oversight for fundraising and awarding grants.
As you know, the economic impact of the coronavirus pandemic will continue to wreak havoc on vulnerable people for months to come. Our purpose is to assist households that have been financially impacted because of COVID-19, specifically households that have not received sufficient financial assistance from local, state, federal or other sources. Usually this will mean undocumented workers, self-employed or people who run boutique-sized small businesses. Households will be eligible to receive up to a $400 cash grant.
We want our local United Methodist churches to serve as the center for identifying the needs, submitting, and distributing the grants. We are in the process of collecting data to support our grant-writing and fundraising efforts. We would like you to estimate the number of households for which you might submit a grant application.
- By Friday, the liaison from our Response Team to your circuit will be calling every pastor in the circuit to ask if you’d like to participate as a grant distribution site and for how many households you might submit a grant.
- You do not need to submit the grant form now. We are getting estimates of the need.
- If you want to serve as a distribution site, we will send you the safe-distancing protocols to use for engagement with the community.
- The grant form is attached in English and Spanish and in printable or fillable PDF format.
- One grant form per household is required.
- Grant forms should be submitted to Amanda Bulls-Stephens at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1249 D St, Reedley, CA 93654.
- Would your congregation be willing to take a special offering to contribute to the district COVID19 Relief fund?
- Are you aware of individuals, companies or community agencies that might contribute to our fund? Please provide the contact information to your liaison.
- Contributions to the fund may be sent to:
Central Valley COVID-19 Relief Fund, UM Center,
P. O. Box 980250, West Sacramento, CA 95798-0250.
Next week we will have a digital link on our district webpage for online giving. We will send the link when it is ready.
Please note the liaison for your circuit:
||Four Rivers||Tevita Vaikona
|M (209) 851-1338
M (209) 688-3810
||Gold’N Valley||Julie Harrisemail@example.com
||M (510) 910-5440
||San Joaquin||Carl Morrisfirstname.lastname@example.org
||M (209) 380-9582
||M (209) 761-2487
||M (559) 772-5104
||Kings River Valley||Patricia Feltsemail@example.com
||H (559) 309-7900
||M (805) 233-5796
||H (661) 342-9036
Please continue to pray for your community and the faithfulness of our Church during this pandemic and the aftermath. We look forward to this collaboration with you as we seek to serve and love our neighbors!
Walking with you as we follow Jesus.